Information about COVID-19
Updated 25th March, 2020.
The Europe-wide response to COVID-19 has restricted many people’s ability to travel and we understand that you will have questions about what this means for your holiday. The situation is changing regularly, so we have summarised the main points below.
Your health and wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us and you remain our top priority. We want you to know that we are monitoring the ongoing situation and will continue to follow French, UK and Dutch government advice on the spread of COVID-19.
- Following the French government decree & the travel restrictions currently in place we confirm that the siblu holiday parks are currently closed until 24th April in the interests of your and our team members health and safety. If you have a reservation for an arrival on a siblu holiday park in France in the next few weeks contact us by email :
- You can see, in English, the latest measures that have been put in place by the French government here https://www.gouvernement.fr/en/coronavirus-covid-19
- You can see the FCO's (Foreign & Commonwealth Office) latest travel advice for France here, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france and for the Netherlands here, https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/netherlands. These pages are regularly updated.
- Siblu is a a member of ABTA, you can read their updated travel advice here, https://www.abta.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak
Below, we have tried to answer some questions you may have about your booking in light of recent events.
- What can I do if I am no longer able travel to the destination ?
Please contact us @ firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a dedicated team to help you.
- Can I change my booking?
If you have a reservation for a stay before 24th April, we will provide you with a voucher with the value of the amounts paid which you will be able to use towards a new reservation for the next 18 months. This voucher system has been decreed by the French government on 25th March.
If you have a reservation for a stay after 24th April, our current terms and conditions of holiday sales (available in full on siblu.com) allow you to make a written request for one modification to your booking up to 42 days before the start of your holiday (see terms and conditions for details). This means you have the possibility to change your holiday dates and location (you will be asked to pay the difference if the cost of your new holiday is greater than your original booking and will be refunded if the cost of your new stay is less than what you originally paid).
- I have booked my travel already, what are my rights?
For any travel arrangements, such as flights, ferry travel or car hire, you will need to speak directly to the service provider you made the booking with. They will have their own policy in regard to how they manage these claims.
- Are there any other measures I can take at this stage?
We recommend you keep up to date with the latest FCO and ABTA travel advice.
We hope this information is useful and provides some reassurance.
Thank you for your patience and continued trust in Siblu. We look forward to welcoming you on holiday to your Siblu park as soon as the conditions allow us to all be together again.
Chief Marketing Officer at Siblu